Monday, September 11, 2006

Five years ago today

Wow, I find it hard to believe that it has been five years since "9-11". So many lives were affected, and our country was changed forever. I, like everyone else, remember that day so vividly. We had just moved here to Pennsylvania that summer, and we had no television. When we had moved we had decided to take a vacation from TV. It was pretty easy in the summer, so much else to do, getting settled in and all that. Now school had started, and I was home alone with Evan. My phone rang and it was my mom. I said, "Hello?", and she said, "Can you believe this?" . . . I said, "Believe what??" . . . there was silence and then she said, "Oh I forgot, hang up and get to a TV right now" . . . so I went over to my neighbors house, thinking what in the world?? Lynn opened the door right away and said, "Come in" as if she had expected me. I was stunned to see the pictures on TV, and while I was there the second tower was hit. I remembered being so afraid. I remember Becca & Evan had so many questions. We are only little over an hour from NYC. So many people at our church lost loved ones and were directly affected by the tragedy.

Needless to say, we got a TV right after that!

No comments: