Tuesday, August 17, 2010

She's gonna blow!


A monumental day has occurred in our house.  Ava has now joined the ranks of the great bubble gum blowers.  I think it is a great accomplishment for a four year old, and she is so proud of herself.

In other random news . . . 
Bee has started playing tennis for her high school.  Practices every day after school will fill her time.  The season is only two months long, but filled with several tennis matches weekly.  She has also started a weekly Bible Study with some other freshman girls she knows.  She and her friend Devynn came up with the idea, and a name.  Flawless.  (Prov 30:5 NIV)  I think it's kind of catchy myself.

Spencer is loving 3rd grade so far.  His teacher is Mrs. Sloan.  He is especially thrilled to have one of his best buddies, Keegan, in his class.  I just hope they don't get in trouble together . . . ;)

Evan and I are getting back into the swing of the homeschooling thing, slowly but surely.  This morning we went to Homer's Coffee House where we got some free chai tea lattes (thanks to some promotion they were having), and we got to hang out with my sis-in-law Jan and my nephew for a bit.  Plus my sister's hubby, Glenn, who runs the joint, was around.  Evan was able to do all of his daily reading while I relaxed and in one moment I thought to myself, "wow, this is super nice".  If only it was always so peaceful to homeschool, right!
******************************

Hey, on another note, I want to thank you for taking the time to read my little thoughts about this and that.  And thank you for those who "follow me" or subscribe to my blog to get my posts in your email (listed on either side of this blog).  I love knowing who my audience is, who is reading about our little world and it makes me feel special that you care.  So thanks for that.  Oh, and one more thing.  When you share a comment, it totally makes my day. ☺ 

Photobucket

6 comments:

KF said...

Love the new photo at the top of the blog! I love to play tennis and am desperate need of a tennis partner. I will have to see if Becca wants to play sometime after her season. Sounds pretty busy til then. Also, so cool that they started a bible study. Sounds like homeschooling is starting off so well ;) Nice bubble blowing by Ava. jack hasn't learned how not to swallow gum yet, so we are a ways off. How's that for a long comment?!

Faith said...

Thanks, Kim! I know that Becca would love to play tennis with you sometime. And um, while we are on the subject, I can't wait to get out of the house and do something with you sometime too! ;)

Stephanie Kutteroff said...

Hope Becca has fun with tennis! I played in high school too. Glad to hear back to school is going well, we have 3 weeks from today. Hope you are all doing well!

Faith said...

Thanks, Steph! Enjoy those last weeks of summer! ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

i love your blog - it makes me feel like you're not so far away!

love you
Hillary

Faith said...

Love you too, girl! Let's talk ASAP!