This has been a difficult summer for a variety of reasons. The last few weeks I have been in a funk. It's been hard to blog, I haven't been online much, or even wanted to play my scrabble games on facebook-- you know it's not good when I don't do that! ;) My attitude has been in serious need of an adjustment. Unfulfilled expectations. Disappointments. Loss. Stress. You know, all the normal stuff that happens in everyday life.
So this week I have been convicted again that I need to focus on being thankful. Interesting how that really does change my perspective. To daily focus on all the blessings in my life and how much I have to be truly grateful for.
Counting my blessings, name them one by one . . .
Not just the big, obvious things. I mean, hey, we have a lot of those, too. Things like awesome grandparents who take my kids out and spoil them with back to school shopping that we would not be able to do otherwise. But also being aware of the little things to be thankful for. Like the fact that I got to totally sleep until 10am this morning. And the fact that my entire family loves listening to our favorite radio station, Air One, together and we are so happy to have it on the air in KC. Oh, and the fact that school starts this next week. Which means that fall is on it's way. Cooler weather and all the beauty that comes along with it . . .
God is good, all the time. Even when life doesn't "feel" good, and even when it's messy and painful. I think I just need to remind myself of that sometimes.
So here is your reminder, too. Just in case. xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment