Ava Marigold turns FIVE today.
I think about how much I have I have changed as a parent from my first to my last child, ten years difference, lots of changes in me as a momma, and for sure in how I parent and think in general.
I care much less than I used to about the unimportant things. Like making sure her clothes match all the time. Or that her hair is done perfectly before we leave the house. Ava dresses pretty much like a mix of Punky Brewster and Pippi Longstocking, she has a style all her own but it works for her. I used to care about other parents thought of me based on what my kid looked like. I care much less about that stuff these days.
I love the preschooler stage. That special time where she tells me everything in an unedited, honest and child like way. For instance, we were driving yesterday and passed a terrible smell outside. Ava starts giggling. I ask why, and she says, "I think God tooted!". I know how quickly time passes, I have a visual reminder every time that I look at Becca. I know that I will blink and Ava will suddenly be a teenager, talking about youth group and boys and studying and did I mention boys?
I love the unabashed way that my preschooler shares love, uninhibited and always generous. The way she wants us to hold her constantly. The way she wants to cuddle whenever possible. The way she tries to sneak into our bed every night to sleep. The way she wants to mimic me, whether is is putting on makeup like me, painting her nails like me or helping me in the kitchen. These are all things that I know pass so quickly and I want to hold on to this time for as long as possible.
So Happy Birthday to our little Birdie. Who promised me just last night that she will never grow up, never leave me and will never get married everrr. Fer shur.


1 comment:
Happy Birthday! My how time flies.
Post a Comment