"Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold."
The Girl Scouts, they got it right. Friendship is so important, for me it is up on the list alongside breathing. I was able to get away to Washington, DC with my two girlfriends a few weeks ago. Jackie had to leave to get back to KC on Sunday so it was just Tracy and I until our plane left on Monday evening. It worked out that two of my girls from where our family used to live in Pennsylvania were able to drive over and meet up with us. Maureen and Jennie came on Sunday and stayed until we left on Monday for the airport. The night they arrived, we talked until about 4 in the morning. I have not seen these girls for over two years, and when we saw each other it was as if we had never been apart. Friendship like that, it is sweet. They know me, they love me, they get me (and all my little quirks). I am so blessed to have a lot of good people in my life. Friends who inspire me, feed my soul, and leave me a better person because of their influence. ♥

No comments:
Post a Comment