Saturday, March 24, 2007

A (birth) day in NYC

So for Neil's BD we decided to go to NYC since we haven't been there in awhile. We got someone to watch the kids for the day, and headed out. We drove to Penn Station and then took the NJ Transit into the city. We went to see a Broadway Show, Phantom of the Opera, at the Majestic Theatre. It was different than I had imagined, but very good!
On Wednesdays, you can see Broadway shows for deeply discounted prices. So we saw a matinee for 50% off, which was awesome!
The ladies in front of us kept taking pictures of each other before the show started, so we asked them to take one of us in the theatre.
On the way home I was bugging Neil to slow down so I can get a pictore of the "Welcome to PA" sign. Ironically, he did slow down but I almost missed it anyway!
We had a good time in NYC, I just wish we had more time to spend there walking around. There is always more to see. We were so tired when we got home. We had to rush to get back before the kids got home from the Wed. evening church programs. Now Becca wants to go to NYC for her birthday to visit the American Girl doll place. I think I will take her for that, we can see the show that they put on there for the American Girl fans. Hard to believe she will be 11 next month!

3 comments:

Amber said...

How cool is that! I've always wanted to go to NYC. It's on my "list of places to visit before I die"!

"Happy Birthday, Neil"

vanwink said...

faith, your hair looks shorter & darker than i remember. looks cute!

Jackie said...

How cool - NYC. I want to go there some day...if you stay in PA for much longer I will come see you, maybe both Tracy and I can come for a girls trip.
LY
Jackie
Happy Birthday Neil