Friday, March 18, 2011

Deal Breaker

                                                                         source  

Some days I hate checking my email.
I dread it, actually.
I avoid it.
Why, you ask?
It is overwhelming.
Takes so much time to sift through.
So many annoying emails.

I do realize how much of it I am personally responsible for.  I have added myself to these "daily deals" email lists.  Trying to "save money" on things I supposedly spend money on.  Only I don't, um, spend money on those things I end up buying.  Like Groupon.  Muncharoo.  Dealpulp.  Living Social.  All those cool one day deals.  I am unsubscribing from them all.  Today.  Right now for that matter.  It is ridiculous.  For every one deal I would possibly use, there are a hundred I wouldn't ever use.  Which equals out to be a time waster.

Here I go, I just clicked over and unsubscribed from Living Social.  Seeing all these awesome travel deals that I can't participate in, well, that is no fun anyway.  It was a one click deal, thank goodness.  When you have to go through a five step process to unsubscribe, I rarely make it past the second step, I end up getting annoyed and quit the process.  But today, I am strong.  I am a deleting and unsubscribing champion.

Ah.  I feel much better now.
Photobucket

No comments: