I really struggle with caring about what others think. About me. About my house. About my kid's behavior. (Yes, I overanalize everything!) And on and on. I am not sure when it started, or why. It could be because I was raised in a home where my dad is an evangelist and he raised support instead of being "salaried" . . . where people sometimes felt that they could question your every choice and action because of that. A friend once pointed out to me that I am very afraid of "condemnation" . . . that hurt to hear, but it's true. I want everyone to like me, what's up with that!!?
I have been struggling a lot with this issue lately, perhaps because I have started this new business and I have to get out of my comfort zone. I had done my other business for over 8 years and it was like second nature so starting over has been challenging at times. That isn't the main reason for my pondering, but it certainly is an added thing. I really feel like God is telling me that I have to get over it. I believe that He will keep bringing this issue up with one circumstance after another until I take care of it. I want to work on my thought processes, and change my attitude. I want to do what God has called me to do, He is the only one I need to please. If other people like me, that is just an added bonus . . . right? Please pray for me about this if you think of it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment