Speaking of the kids, I was so happy that it worked out with sitters to be able to go. All the kids were able to spend the weekend with families from our church, even Ava, who stayed with the family Becca stayed with. I was very nervous about leaving Ava, and almost didn't. Funny what a difference it makes when you don't live near family! With Evan, we left him with grandparents to go on a missions trip when he was, what, four or five months old?? I find that unbelievable now! Thankfully it all worked out well. Ava did great, and when I got home she acted as if we had never been gone! All our kids had a great weekend with their friends, which made our trip even better!
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Ocean City, NJ
Speaking of the kids, I was so happy that it worked out with sitters to be able to go. All the kids were able to spend the weekend with families from our church, even Ava, who stayed with the family Becca stayed with. I was very nervous about leaving Ava, and almost didn't. Funny what a difference it makes when you don't live near family! With Evan, we left him with grandparents to go on a missions trip when he was, what, four or five months old?? I find that unbelievable now! Thankfully it all worked out well. Ava did great, and when I got home she acted as if we had never been gone! All our kids had a great weekend with their friends, which made our trip even better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you had a good time. Let me know what you thought of the broadway show. *nessa
You get to get away (without kids) for a pretty good length. Like the NY day and this retreat. That is really awesome. I find it so hard to leave four kids with anyone (even family) all at once. This last time I split them up. I'm glad you get to get out with just Neil. That's great for you both.
ang
Post a Comment