Friday, September 07, 2007

We have discovered geocaching!

" A clue! A clue!"
When I told the kids we were looking for the cache, Evan thought I said "cash", and got so excited. I had to break it to him that there wouldn't be money in there. They loved finding the stash, and had fun digging through the trinkets. We left little finger puppets.


We began our adventure in geocaching on Monday in Philly. It was a blast! We picked the easiest ones to start with, and borrowed a GPS from a friend at church. We found four caches in the historical Philly area--but there were many more that we didn't get to because of time. The kids loved going on a "Treasure Hunt" and we loved that this is a FREE activity that is not only fun but encourages good exercise . . . we walked a lot but the kids didn't even seem to notice. If you want to get started in your area, visit http://www.geocaching.com/. Tell me how it goes!

No comments: