It's late, but since I haven't posted in awhile, I wanted to write a quick update of my sofa drama.
I have had a saga with our living room furniture that has been going on for almost year now. Three, yes, three years ago we bought new living room furniture. It was a big deal for us, I remember it well! Thankfully we also purchased a 5 year warranty, which I would normally have never done. So, fast forward two and a half years (early last summer)we started seeing the beginnings of tears in our leather sofa. We waited until the actual tear occured (per the warranty) and weeks later a leather specialist came to look at it. The coverage people refused to fix the sofa, saying it was a defect, something about hide scars, yada yada. They referred us back to the place we bought it. On and on this went. Each person referred us to someone else, finally they said they no longer carried this manufacturer (I know why!), but would order us another one from Italy, and it would take a couple months to get in. So as our sofa continued to tear all over, we continued to wait. First it would come in Nov., then Dec., then January.
This month I started calling, calling and calling more. No one returned my calls until I threatened to call the BBB. They called me back the next day and said amazingly (rolling my eyes) it had just arrived the day before. They scheduled delivery the next week. The day before delivery I got a call from the company telling me the sofa was damaged in delivery (!!!). It was kind of funny in a not so funny way how each rep told me a different story.
This whole ordeal may have been a blessing in disguise, as we received almost full credit to choose another sofa set. They let us exchange the sofa, chair, and ottoman. Today they delivered our new living room furniture. In the end I am very happy because after three years we get a re-do, brand new furniture and we are praying THIS set will last us for many, many stress-free years! I will try to take some pictures and post them soon. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment