Tuesday, April 08, 2008

National Champions . . . sweet!

We watched the KU game last night, and it was a late night for everyone. Jim Capehart (a friend from church) and TJ, a kid from our youth group came over to watch with us. I think it was one of the best games I have ever seen, I hope our kids remember it for years to come.

I remember watching the last time KU won the championship. The year was 1988, we were at Ronny and Susan Metskers house after YFC Club. Neil nor his parents remember me being there at all, which for the record makes me feel quite special. Gee, there must have been like 15 people there, LOL. We were crowded around the TV watching the game, and when they won I remember running around, outside, screaming, laughing, annoying the neighbors I am sure. Neil remembers all that, too... just not me being there. Whatever. Good thing he noticed me at some point or else we wouldn't be married, right!


This boy is always ready with a smile, seriously.


Oh the tension! I wanted to get a better picture of these two, huddled up together arm in arm, watching. This was the best I could do.




Even Ava got in on the action. I couldn't make her stay in bed with all the chaos. At some point in the game she stripped her pj's off. No one objected, we were too busy.



We were freaking out out when Chalmers made the shot to tie the game!


What an awesome game.


High Fives to Mr. Capehart!


More high fives and complete craziness at our house.

What a great night.

No comments: