Have I told you how much I love Facebook? Be my friend HERE
I have reconnected with friends from KC, our past youth group, college, high school, and yes even middle school in the Philippines where I lived for two years! Most recently I am reconnecting with my bff from middle school, Jeni. I love her and am so excited to catch up after so many years. I love this century and all the perks of it. Seriously. I would never have reconnected with her ten years ago and I know this because, I tried to find her with no luck! Love it :-)
This weekend I am on my own since Neil is on a youth retreat. Tomorrow is party day as both Becca and Evan both have birthday parties to go to. Gotta go get some birthday gifts in the morning. Tried to talk Becca into giving Arbonne . . . what 12 yo girl wouldn't love some fabulous FYI lipgloss, etc? But, because she is my child she rolls her eyes and sighs, "Mom, I just want to go to Claire's". Ggrr, no appreciation for the finer things in life! (wink) I do have flashbacks to elementary school when my mom made me give plaques that she made out of Precious Moments pictures, and hair ribbons and bows she made. So I get it. You just don't appreciate what you see all the time. Knowing that I inherited my mother's entrepeneurial (sp?) spirit in spite of all that, there is still hope for my Becca.
I have been playing with paint today in between well, life. I also was able to scrapbook awhile. Of course I got it all done because my I allowed my house to just be messy. While the bigger kids played outside, Ava made a mess with some paint of her own. Art is therapy for me. Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment