From now until Thanksgiving, I thought I would spend some time sharing some things I am thankful for. Today I have been thinking about how thankful I am for my friends. I have been blessed with people in my life who have walked with me in my journey and changed who I am as a person. They have touched my life in amazing ways. Some in simple ways, where I adopted an expression that they said a lot, or took a change in my life direction with their guidance.
A few quick examples so you know what I mean. My friend Jennie in Pennsylvania . . . she shared a simple chicken pot pie recipe with me about five years ago. This recipe is now a family favorite, and I don't even need to look up the recipe anymore because it is memorized. A simple but valuable gift (just one of many) that Jennie gave to me.
Years ago, my friend Laura in MO used to invite me to her house. She is an artist, and I was jealous because I am a wannabe artist. When I saw how Laura would paint on canvas, I was inspired. I remember going to the store and buying my first canvas to paint on "just for fun". I started to paint more and paint with my kids after that. Sure, I am still just a wanna be artist but Laura was the first person who made me believe that I could do it anyway. Now art is my therapy!
Which is my stepping stone to how I got started in scrapbooking. Because of the gift Hillary gave me last year. She showed me how I can scrapbook without the stress of being in chronological order. As crazy as it sounds, I got rid of so much stress by scrapping in whatever time period I feel like! Becca's baby pictures are next to knidergarten pics in my album. Who cares?! :) That was a gift from Hillary.
My life is filled to overflowing with treasures that my friends have shared with me. I could share example after example of things people have done for me, taught me, given me, and inspired me by. I have a story for each of you reading this! Friends who are more like family even! People who I may not see regularly anymore, many whom I have not seen in years. But they came into my life when I needed them, they mean so much to me, and if I ran into them in the street I have no doubt that we would just pick up where we left off immediately.
God has given me little tiny peeks into heaven through my friendships. If you are reading this, you are probably my friend. I mean, why else would you care to read my blog right? ;-) So I want to take a minute to say thank you for being you. Thanks for adding something significant and special to my life. For giving me moments of joy and laughter, being with me in the tears and sadness, and for loving me in spite of me. When God poured out his love for me with friends, it absolutely overflowed and for that, I am forever grateful. xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment