Am I the only one who HATES paperwork?! Take four children, add two schools sending home an assortment of three student's paperwork, graded papers, tests, fundraisers, notes from the PTA, then add church paperwork for six, and suddenly I am swimming in papers. This doesn't include all the 'helpful' emails that I get as well from school, church, and yada yada. What this equals in my house is a lot of things that need to be done by a certain day, checks that need to be sent in, and on and on it goes. I do not have a good system for this so what ends up happening is that I look at a paper, think, "Ok, I need to (for example) send in blankets for the blanket drive at school." I set it on the counter so I won't forget because, well, out of sight is out of mind. I find it two weeks later, think, "I better take care of this now before I forget again" and look at the paper to find that everything was due by say, last Tuesday. Or worse, yesterday.
This is maddening to me. I have such good intentions for these things, but in the end I always look like I either don't care or I am a mess. Okay, well, I can admit to being a mess on some days (or most?). But I do care! I really do! I am just so overwhelmed. And of course, this brings to to my familiar wrestling place of caring what people think too much. Why oh why do I always have to struggle with that? I can't wait to get to the point some day where I can say I really don't care what people think of me. Okay, so it may be when I get to heaven! But at least I have that hope? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment