Do you use reusable grocery bags? I have a bunch of them and I love them. When I first started using them years ago, I did what many people do . . . forget them constantly. Now I can't think of the last time I forgot them because it is so ingrained in me now to use them. I have them hanging in the garage by the door and grab them on my way out. I have been known to turn around and go home for them (Okay, well, I'm not a freak about it, just if I am still in the neighborhood). You can fit so much more in them, and then you don't have a billion random plastic bags around your house. But here is the thing. You have to WASH THEM. Seriously. If you don't, what you are trying to do that is good is actually really bad. There was this study done where they found most people (97%) don't wash theirs and it contained all kinds of e coli. However, by washing them you kill nearly all the bacteria (99.9%). Which is a very good thing.
After that, I feel compelled to end this post with a little Jack Johnson . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment