Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Independence (Rain) Day

 We typically don't do anything for the fourth of July.  I often have grand expectations but it rarely pans out.  Many years we end up hanging at home.  Which is fine, right?  :)  This year we headed out to meet up with some friends at a church in Olathe that was hosting a shin-dig.
Ava was so serious about getting her face painted.  And no, she does not STILL have her face painted two days later because she refuses to wash it off.  'Cuz that would be just ridiculous.


Then it started to rain . . .

We opted to leave before the fireworks even started due to the inclement weather.  Don't you love how I use fancy words like inclement on my blog?  Yeah, I am smart like that.  And yes, I totally used spell check.  Anyway- we invited our friends over to the house . . . but only if they drove verrry slowly to our house so we would have time for a quick clean up job.  It actually was great team work on my family's part, I give them credit for helping us get it done without stress.  Go team.  :)

I love rain . . . but not when it ruins our plan to watch fireworks.

Pizza and snacks arrived as a bonus . . .

Everybody loves "Apples to Apples" . . .

It was a competitive, tough game.  Or something like that.


I forced them to take a group picture before they left.  Nice group, right?  In spite of the rain, it was a fun night and I am really glad we were able to spend it with great friends.
Photobucket

2 comments:

Valerie Van Hoecke said...

What a great group of friends you have. Glad you had such a wonderful time celebrating our country's independence!

Faith said...

Thanks Valerie! When are you starting YOUR blog?? :D