Is it just me, or do your kids ever look at you like this?
I am totally stealing this quote from my friend Jill's blog:
I have observed, though, in these past few days when I have felt on the brink of losing my mind, the moments when I feel a bit more pieced together again.
The people I have spent time with in the past few days have no idea how just the acts of engaging in adult conversation, receiving a friendly hug, or offering a sympathetic nod have strengthened me, fortified me, and helped me weave the shreds of my soul back together again.
The people I have spent time with in the past few days have no idea how just the acts of engaging in adult conversation, receiving a friendly hug, or offering a sympathetic nod have strengthened me, fortified me, and helped me weave the shreds of my soul back together again.
I wish that I had written that. Because that is exactly how I am feeling.
Oftentimes I read something and think, that is what I think too, they just wrote it a lot better than I ever could have. I am not a writer, I actually started blogging as a way to better keep in touch with loved ones far away years ago. It has developed into a way of journaling life, a hobby of sorts. I like to keep my blog on the upbeat side, not because I want to act like life is perfect because it most certainly is not. It is more that I am not gifted much in the way of expressing my emotions in written form and if I can't do it as I would like to, sometimes I would rather say nothing at all. I know it is terrible. I am trying to work on it though.
I feel pulled into a million different directions these days. All good. Or mostly, anyway.
Neil and I had been checking into a local Christian school for Evan for the past few weeks. Homeschooling has been very challenging for the both of us, and I was ready to be d-o-n-e with it. I prayed that God would close the door if that wasn't where He wanted Evan for now. And you know what? He did. He closed the door in a very clear way. When I found out, I wanted to get in bed, cover my head, and cry. This is so very much not what I wanted. But He did answer my prayer. Even if it wasn't the answer I wanted, I still do desire to be faithful to what He has called me to do for right now. So I put on my big girl pants and am getting back to it. Just another manic Monday.



4 comments:
Hi Faith.
Just a quick note to encourage you in your homeschooling endeavors today. I have been homeschooling for the past 12 years and it has definitely been a "labor of love". Elliott and I have tried several times over the years to enroll the boys in school both public as well as private and every time, God has closed the door on our efforts. There have been many times when I HAVE cried under my covers because my prayers were not answered in the way I wanted them to be answered. But God is good! ALL the time! And He knows what is best for my boys and for our family. I just have to keep remembering that. I know that you seek to do God's will as well. May you be blessed today.
You are so right, Kathleen. I know that God has a purpose for us homeschooling right now, even if I don't know it (or like it). I will just keep on trusting anyway. Thank you so much for the encouragement!
Faith-- You may not write with what you think are eloquent words like our very gifted and dear friend Jill, but your pictures speak volumes to me. I love seeing them and your adorable family. Thanks for sharing! Oh, and my SIL Bryn says Ava is stinkin' cute!
Oh Kelly, thank you for that! xoxo
Post a Comment