Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Retreatin'

Last weekend was our youth group winter retreat.   
Lots of kids came, and it was super fun.


Yeah, I know.  My husband is super cute. 
Our youth group . . . they love playing games.  They are currently obsessed with Four Square.  Is it an Olympic sport?  I don't know, but if it is, we have some serious contenders.  Over the weekend we had a Four Square Tournament.  It was highly competitive.  And we played Basketball.  And Volleyball.  And Dodge Ball.  And Ninja.  And I Never (Also known as Never Have I Ever).  And Speed Scrabble (my personal favorite).  And He Said, She Said.  And Man Hunt.  See, I am not kidding when I say we like games.  It was a very busy weekend.  In between all of the fun games, we had some great worship and teaching, too.


  


All of you people who don't get to hang around teenagers, I truly really believe you are missing out.  I think that youth ministry is a hidden treasure in churches today.  People avoid it sometimes, for whatever reason, and they miss out on the joy and blessing that comes from building relationships with these awesome people.  Teenagers keep me young.  They inspire me constantly.  They need adults in their life (let's face it, being a teenager is not always easy!), to love them and be there for them.  So I would encourage you to get involved with the youth group at your church . . . 'cause it is a very good thing.  
I promise.  

Photobucket

No comments: