Friday, January 20, 2012

Life as a multi-tasker AKA "Mom"

IF YOU GIVE A MOM A MUFFIN by Kathy Fictorie


If you give a mom a muffin, she'll want a cup of coffee to go with it.
She'll pour herself some.  Her three-year-old will spill the coffee.  She'll wipe it up.  Wiping the floor, she will find dirty socks.  She'll remember she has to do laundry.  When she puts the laundry in the washer, she will trip over boots into the freezer.  Running into the freezer will reminder her . ..  she has to plan supper. She will get out a pound of hamburger.  She'll look for her cookbook.  The cookbook is under a pile of mail.  She will see the phone bill, which is due tomorrow. She will look for her checkbook.  The checkbook is in her purse that is being dumped out by her two year old.  She will smell something funny. While she is changing her two year old the phone will ring.  Her five year old will answer the phone and hang up.  She'll remember that she wants to phone a friend to come for coffee.  Thinking of coffee will remind her that she was going to have a cup.  She will pour herself some.  And chances are, if she has a cup of coffee, her kids will have eaten the muffin that went with it.


This made me laugh when I read it on a friend's status.  I can so very much relate! My kids, they are beyond the diaper stage (praise the Lord)but for some reason I still can't focus on just one task. And they still eat my treats.  They find my hidden chocolate stash every. single.time.
Let's face it, it is the ADD, I mean, multi-tasking behavior described above that helped me to get my toilets cleaned yesterday. Some days, you take what you can get ... yes?

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So funny! I can totally relate :)