. . . Hello Kansas City, Hello KC5 . . . I remember that old Channel 5 commercial jingle from the eighties and I think of it every time I think about going home!
So for my birthday (which happens to be today, actually) I flew with Spencer and Ava to Kansas for a nice little getaway. Ava did pretty well on the plane rides, some friendly flight attendants and other passengers helped a lot, praise God for that! I was able to visit with my friend Chris and see how their family is settling in to Kansas life. Spencer was especially in need of time with his beloved friend, Isaiah. I also got to visit with my friends Tracy, Jackie, and Angie. Spencer was able to spend the night with Grandma Connie and Papa Roy, along with his cousin Alex. I got to hang out with family, which is never boring. ;) There is never enough time to see everyone I would like to, but I am happy that we should be home again at Christmas.
While I was gone, Neil spent time with Becca and Evan. They went out to eat, saw movies, borrowed a Game Cube and played games . . . they had their own little vacation!
It is hard for me to believe that I am 34. In some ways I feel like a teenager still in an old momma's body but with great skin, thanks to my fabulous skin care. ;) In other ways I feel so very old, old, old. I miss the days of being a "young mom", the one who can get away with being clueless and late for everything. Okay, well, let's be honest . . . I am still clueless and late most of the time! But now I get away with it because I have four kids and am running around like a chicken with my head cut off, LOL!
Oh, and . . . Happy Birthday, Nessa. I love sharing my BD with you. xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment