Sunday, April 29, 2007

Spencer is playing soccer

It was so hot!
On the way home

Warming up with his team


Spencer plays soccer now, every Sunday afternoon at 3:30pm. He loves it, and he looks so darn cute. The first day I told him to listen to the coach, have fun, and no complaining. He took that advice to heart, and hasn't complained at all. Yes, he loves to make his mom happy. (One day he said to me that I looked pretty and he likes my clothes. When I told him how sweet he was, he proceeded to tell me that he liked my outfit, just about every day!) He is the "typical" middle child- peacemaker who strives to make everybody happy.

At soccer half the time is practice and half the time is a 3 on 3 game where they rotate in the other two players. We are on a field that has 9 games going on at once and I try to watch him while entertaining Ava who would rather walk through every other game that is going on, and pick up every loose water bottle on the ground!

Today the weather was weird, it kept rotating from freezing cold and sprinkling rain, to sunny and very warm. Spencer ran hard during the game, and he scored a goal, which he was excited about. I took a picture last week, and if I get it downloaded onto my computer, I will add it to this post. He is so funny about his soccer stuff, he wants to wear them everywhere. I remember shin guards being so sweaty and wanting to take them off ASAP, but he comes home and asks if he can wear them to the playground behind our house!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see him play, how adorable! *vanessa

Anonymous said...

thanks for adding the pics:) *v

Anonymous said...

That is quite an accomplishment to score a goal at his age. connie