Wednesday, October 03, 2007

What I am thinking about . . .

Comparison destroys contentment.
This statement has been on my mind today. I fall into the comparison trap a lot but really, don't most women? As a mother, I compare myself to other moms. I compare my parenting to theirs. I compare my business success (or lack thereof) with all those other really successful Arbonne consultants. I compare how my house looks, from cleanliness to decor. I compare my spiritual-ness. And on and on. All the ways that I don't "measure up".
But then, there is 2 Corinthians 12, where Paul is talking about having a thorn in his flesh and asking the Lord to take it from him, and the answer is no. He goes on to say (vs.10), "That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." So I am trying to be thankful for all my weaknesses today.

No comments: