Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy New Year! A couple weeks late, but whatever!

I cannot believe that it has almost been a month since I have posted. Whatever is wrong with me! Okay, well, actually my problems have had more to do with my computer than anything else. Or shall I say, lack of a computer? I have missed my computer-- BUT!!! My wonderful brother in law came to the rescue by giving us an old desktop computer and laptop from his work! I cannot even tell you how happy that has made me! Nothing fancy, but exactly what we needed! So now I can get back to blogging both here and on the store blog. And our kids are thrilled to not have to fight over the computer. I feel so spoiled!

So what has been happening at our house? Well, Christmas was fabulous. It was so good not to have to travel, and we were able to really relax. I have a bunch of pictures, but will have to post some of my favorites another time. Now we are back into the swing of things with school and extra curricular activities. Both Evan and Spencer are playing basketball with Upwards, and Christian sports ministry at some local churches. This keeps us busy with practices, games, and learning the weekly verses! Becca is still cheering, but has now added being in a play to her schedule. She is going to school for cheer at 6:30am, and stays at school until after 6pm some evenings! Craaazy . . . but she loves it.

Last weekend Neil and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. We had an amazing weekend where we did, practically nothing. :) That is the beauty of being busy... when you get a break, you like to relax and do nothing much! We just enjoyed hanging out together, and stayed at a fabulous bed and breakfast near the Plaza. We window shopped (ok, we did buy some stuff, too), saw movies, and ate at nice restaurants that we normally can't go to with the whole family. I have some great pics of the Plaza and will post them later for all the PA friends who have no idea what the Plaza is. ;-)

Life is good. Challenging. Lonely at times. I miss the security of my group of friends back in PA. It is hard starting over in a sense, not feeling totally connected yet at our new church. I am so thankful for the few close friends I do have in KC and my family. Old friends are the best, aren't they? They KNOW you, your quirks, and yet they love you anyway. Oh, and I will say, there are lots of potential old friends here. Yay for that!

Happy New Year!

No comments: