I am not a good juggler. Instead of doing one thing well, I am in the stage of life where I have to settle with doing a million things, not so well. Many things are out of my comfort zone, yet I have to do them because, well, it is my job as a mom. Then I have the mind game where I have to tell myself that it is OKAY. It's not a competition, right? I am so happy that there is no special catagory in the Olympics for being the kindest mom, the most on time mom, the best classroom parent, the parent who's kid has memorized the most Bible verses for church/Upwards/etc because believe me, if there was, I would not be on the stage. If there was a finish line, I would be straggling in a day after the race is over, while the people are cleaning up trash and taking down signs.
Some days I am just barely hanging on to my sanity. Using as much self control as I can to not run and hide in my room from a messy house and children who tease each other constantly. Ava spends most of her day asking me over and over for (soy) chocolate milk, and calling me to her "come here, momma, come here momma".
Finding joy in the little everyday moments is HARD. Today I started thinking about that, finding the joy. I want to embrace joy, embrace those moments where I struggle with frustration and my lack of (whatever). I want to be intentional about loving where I am at in life, loving this time because it will be gone so fast. I look at Becca, on the verge of her teenage years and I think, "How did this happen?!" She will be going off to college in the blink of an eye and I don't want to remember only my shortcomings and failures. Instead I want to remember the joyful MOMENTS. Which is one reason I am so passionate about scrapbooking. When I look at the pictures, I remember the moments, the milestones, the good times.
Because when it's all said and done, laundry comes and goes. Relationships are eternal. And scrapbooking? Well, it's just plain fun. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment