Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blast from the past . . .


Last night at Evan's basketball game, Neil's mom brought a couple boxes of Neil's that has been in their basement for years.  Oh the treasures we found!  Things collected from Neil's childhood . . . his baby blanket and stuffed animals (see picture), toys and collectables, lots of pictures from high school including a previous girlfriend . . . things that are so fun for our kids to look at.  ;)  But I have to share this one thing that was in there.  It was a brown grocery bag from the store Neil worked at during high school.  Apparently I had gone into the store while he was working.  I was with a friend, not sure who.   This was when we were dating, I am guessing that I was 17.  And I left and wrote him a note on this bag and must have put it in his car.  It says this,

"Neil- Who is the girl next to you??  (The clerk person) She kept giving us dirty looks!  We decided that we don't like her- and I'M JEALOUS NEIL!  (So make her quit her job okay)  PS: You could call me tonight if you really feel like being a nice guy I will let you! Ok? hint hint, I will be up doing my homework late.  Love ya, Faith!

Wow.  Possessive much?  I am embarrassed and horrified.  Thinking back on our early relationship I am amazed that we survived it and in awe that we went on to get married. 

Anyway!  After Neil and I got done laughing at that note, we got to look over all these old pictures and memories from his childhood.  What a fun blast from the past.  Marrying the guy you fell for in high school has some perks.  Seeing how far we have come and how much we have grown together [hello maturity!] is one of my most favorite parts!

No comments: