I have forgotten what it feels like to be a student, to study, take tests, and review notes over and over. With my Marriage & Family Counseling class, I am getting back into the habit. We have our mid term on Monday, and the study guide from the teacher was 21 pages long. Kind of overwhelming. I asked someone who had his class last semester how it was, she said, think of a really hard test . . . and it's still harder than that. Great. So needless to say, I have been trying to fit studying into the nooks and crannies of my life this week.
I have to keep reminding myself of what the end goal is, how being certified will be helpful in counseling people at church, in life, and possibly with getting some kind of a job in the future. It will all be worth it in the end, right?
In other news, I think I have settled on a preschool for Ava next year. Ava and I visited there on Monday and she loved it. It came highly recommended from lots of people I know, and they have a 4 day (Mon-Th) kindergarten prep class that is the same cost of many other 3 day preschools I looked at. I also decided to sign her up for the afternoon class. At first I was going with the morning- thinking it will help me to get up and around. However, on second thought, I know I will end up taking her to school in sweats, then coming home to shower etc hence wasting the time she is in school. Instead I will enjoy my last bit of time lounging around with her in the morning, allowing her to sleep in, then take her to school and get stuff done in the afternoon. I am very happy to have made a decision at last!
No comments:
Post a Comment