Friday, May 28, 2010

First Day Of Summer Vacation :)



Today is my last day watching Emily and also the Angelino boys.  This afternoon Spencer, Ava, Emily and I are off to eat lunch at Fritz's Railroad Restaurant.  See video for demo (it is highlighting the new location that we are going to here in Shawnee).

Evan comes home today.  The house has been too quiet without him so we are ready for his return, and to hear about his adventures! 

We need to get our pool pass and get to the swimming pool.  It opens tomorrow and I am SO looking forward to lounging around and reading a good book while my kids all swim.... haha, just kidding about that ... but that time IS getting closer!  Maybe in the next couple years I can be "that" mom!

I am still running in the mornings.  I had a great conversation with my friend Michele this week.  She was encouraging me to stop comparing myself to other people and how fast or far they run.  Go at my own pace, feel good about what I am accomplishing, and give up the rest of my insecurities.  It really helped me to put things in perspective.  Sometimes we all just need a little pep talk, don't we?

2 comments:

maureen said...

would you ask your friend Michele to call me? i could use one of those pep talks! :) great job on sticking with the running. you motivate me to do something. i'm not sure what that is right now, but something. we finished school today, so summer vacation is upon us, too. now, if i could just find a cpr certified lifeguard for a nanny that would take room and board as payment, i'd be set!

Faith said...

Yeah, wouldn't a nanny be great? Of course then she would get all those special moments that WE have earned as hard working moms so I guess not after all. :)Love you!