Sunday, May 16, 2010

Go west young man.

Evan left for an "extended field trip" yesterday.  He is going west with my parents for two weeks, the main part of their trip will be to Utah.  He will be able to visit the Grand Canyon and many other places as well.  Places that I have never been to so I admit I am a little jealous.  I think that this will be a wonderful experience for him though.  He doesn't get much extended time --especially alone!--with my parents.  I am not sure if I have been without him for two weeks before . . . and I do know our house will be awfully quiet without him.  I sent him with a bag of schooling materials for him to continue schooling a little here and there (mostly while they are on the road).  Schoolwork included mostly reading, and journaling his trip experiences.  Over the summer I don't plan to do much schooling with him.  Mostly just math, which is a subject he struggles with the most.  I love the Sunlight curriculum we have been using, I am probably learning as much as he is!

Two weeks left of school for us.  YAY!  I love summer vacation, probably as much as the kids do.  :D

No comments: