Monday, July 28, 2008

The weekend madness.


What an exhausting weekend. Once again I am overwhelmed by the friends that God has brought into our lives here in PA. Saturday morning teens and adults from our church showed up to help us pack up the house. PJ (Pastor Joe, the Sr High Pastor), spent the day manipulating all of our home into these two pod things, called SAM (Store and Move). Here he is in the pod, with our friend Kevin helping load.



Here Neil is teaching some girls how to use a tape gun. I love how they are completely focused on what he is saying, LOL.

On Sunday we had a really nice sendoff from the Sr High and Middle School. During Sunday School students stood up and shared how Neil's ministry had impacted their life. It meant so much to hear all the encouragement and stories. Then they all prayed over us. Jim prayed and started crying, then I lost it and was a crying mess. After the second service there was a farewell reception where we were able to hug and say our goodbyes. I wish I could have gotten pictures, but it was too crazy until later when it settled down. Then I got a few . . .




Crazy Pastor kids. The Sr High Pastors boys and our boys love to hang out and be silly.

And then there are the "Big Boys" . . .





Kids saying Goodbye . . .



Joe & Karine



Neil and Joe made such a good team. They had opposite personalities that worked so well together. We will miss them a lot.

Sunday afternoon my friends Aminah, Jennie, and Maureen showed up to help me clean and organize the house. Before they arrived I was completely overwhelmed and didn't even know where to start! I am so THANKFUL for these precious friends. They worked so hard and didn't leave my house until after midnight. Thanks Maureen, for driving all the way from Lancaster to help. You are awesome. :-)


Aminah

Maureen

Jennie

Most of the house is ready to go now. We just have to get rid of some stuff, load some more stuff, and take care of small details. Then we are off to the beach for a couple days of relaxation before we close on our house here Thursday and start the drive home. Whew!

No comments: