I am aware that I am long overdue for a post. It has been bothering me but I keep thinking I need to have pictures to post, and I haven't taken much so I wait. However, today I give up and I will write anyway!
The last month has been a blur in many ways. Getting into our house, painting, settling in, these things have kept me busy. I have to say that I lovvvvvve our new home. I love it in every way. I will refrain from gushing but let's just say most days I want to shout from the rooftops, "Thank You God!" because I almost do not feel deserving of this place, it is beyond fabulous.
School started, and the kids are loving their schools and meeting lots of new friends. Evan is playing soccer, and loves it. Becca is cheering for the 7th grade and loves it. The kids are all very happy with our new church and have transitioned well. Other than one meltdown for Becca and I each . . .
Ava is trying to make me into a crazy person, and so far she is accomplishing it. She exhausts me daily. In the last week she has finally started to get into a routine, so I may be able to save a piece of sanity yet! Potty training, while you would think it would be easy with the fourth now that I have such a wealth of experience . . . still seems challenging. I am training myself to be consistent with taking her to the potty. Let's just say that I am looking forward to moving past this stage.
Moving meant saying goodbye to familiarity and comfort, and starting fresh. This meant leaving the church family and friends in PA who loved us, knew us, and put up with us and all our imperfections. Starting over can be hard. I miss the comfortable, and at the same time I know that God has not called us to stay in my comfort zone.
It will be good in the end, of this I have no doubt! God is good, all the time. {Just don't mind me and my tears as I adjust.}
We are having so much fun with our family. We are also having a great time getting to know our new youth group. I can't wait to spend more time with them. Being here seems surreal, but in a good way.
Pictures are coming, I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment