Thursday, November 05, 2009

Let's go shoe shopping, shall we?

This week on Oprah, she talked about the six pairs of shoes that every woman should own. I decided to go virtual shopping (ok, just virtual window shopping!) to pick out my essential shoes for this fall.  I did all my shopping at Zappos, because well, they have a million choices.

First, you need "The Little Black Pump"- about a 2" heel works well.  I am loving the cute little buckles on these, and the peekaboo. 

Next, you need a comfy flat for work and weekend.  I loved this shade of brown, and they look comfy.  Okay, so these have buckles, too.  I can't resist them this fall, what can I say?

Now, of course you must know that every woman needs a showstopping, gorgeous shoe  . . .  for all those nights out on the town! ;)


They say every woman needs a cute, sleek sneaker—not to be confused with the kind you wear to the gym. I don't generally prefer sleek sneakers (or tennis shoes, as they say here in the midwest, hehe) so these are as close as I could get.
Here are the ones I choose:


And we need boots.  A pair of tall boots are next on the list, a pair you can wear with jeans or a dress.  So here is what I found:


And, of course, we also need some all weather boots since we can't exactly wear those dressier boots when we are rolling out of bed running around like a crazy person to get the kids to school running late.



I had to add another essential.  Not to imply that I know more than Oprah and her crew, but hello, I think slippers are essential!  And since I am just virtual shopping, why not go with the best?  Uggs are so warm and cozy!



So that's it, my essential shoes for fall!  My total for the essentials?  Just about $700.  But being prepared for every occassion?  Priceless. Or so I've heard anyway.

If you make your own essential shoe wishlist and send me the link so I can check them out, too! 

No comments: