So anyway, while I was staring out the window, Neil called upstairs to me that there is a HUGE box on the front porch. I went in to Becca's room where she was laying on her bed listening to her I Pod and oblivious to the drama going on. She and I snuck down the stairs with Neil and watched out the window for any sign of a person hiding in the bushes. The porch light was still off so we just watched and waited. And waited. We discussed what to do. Surely this is a practical joke. But what did it mean? So, after about 5 minutes, we see one of Becca's friends come lurking up to the front of the house, ready to knock again. We know his whole family from our church-- they are awesome people :). I ran upstairs with Bee cause, let's face it, I was not dressed properly to be seen by anyone in public. Neil continued to hide until he got to the porch. At that point he flipped on the light, put his face up to the window, and watched the look of terror on that boy's face.
As the light flipped on Neil stepped outside and looked at the box in the light. The boy ran away. The box? Filled with a brand new LAWN MOWER. We had just busted a secret good Samaritan (and his parents who were waiting in the vehicle down the street!) who knew that along with our AC problems last week, that our lawn mower had up and gone to lawn mower heaven.
What amazing friends. I am not sharing their names to honor the fact that they were trying to surprise us in an anonymous way . . . but wow, I am so blown away by their generosity and thoughtfulness. I am humbled and grateful. And you know what? I am praying that someday we will have the opportunity to surprise someone else like we were surprised last night. Minus getting busted, of course. ;)
3 comments:
Awww! I love it when God brings such special people like that into our lives! What an awesome blessing!
I'm crying, of course. The kids all wanted to know why, so I just read it out loud to them and cried some more. What a blessing!
This is the best story!
I hopped over from Emily's blog for Embrace the Camera.
Nice to meet ya. :)
Post a Comment