Monday, June 07, 2010
Lost
I lost a close friend this year to addiction. I pray that this is only temporary, but I honestly have no idea when or if I will ever talk to her again (at this point it's been months). This friend had been in my life for almost ten years, and the loss has been significant and painful. When someone chooses something for themselves that is not only unhealthy, but dangerous, it is hard to watch. I love this girl, I miss her and how our friendship used to be. I remember when I met her, the person she was, and it makes me so sad to have watched her change over the last couple of years. She is not the person I knew her to be. I am scared for her and the path she is choosing for her life. I pray for her and her family every day. I don't share all this for any other reason other than because I have to acknowledge this, it is too important of a thing for me to pretend like it isn't happening and it isn't affecting me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment