Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day


I lucked out when I got married.  I married a guy that I was crazy about, and he has been an amazing husband to me.  The extra blessing I received in my marriage partner was in the fatherhood department.  The guy that I married turned out to be just the kind of father that I dreamed of for my children.  He loves them, he loves me, not just in words but in actions.  There is a saying that the best gift you can give a child is to love their mother/father.  And he does that.  No, life is not always perfect in our house or in our family.  Yes, we get irritated.  Yes, we argue.  Yes, we make mistakes.  Life is indeed messy.  But I am so thankful that through it all I have a man in my life that I can count on, that our children can count on to be there for us.

Oh, and I don't want to miss out on the opportunity to say how thankful I am that I have a wonderful father who helped shape me into the person that I am today.  I love my Daddy. :)



No comments: