Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Just Lovely


World English Dictionary

lovely  (ˈlʌvlɪ) [Click for IPA pronunciation guide]
— adj  , -lier -liest
1.very attractive or beautiful
2.highly pleasing or enjoyable: a lovely time
3.loving and attentive
4.inspiring love; lovable
— n  , -lier -liest -lies
5.slang  a lovely woman

My weekend getaway to Washington DC was just what the doctor ordered.  The women I spent time with this weekend, I love them dearly, and I came home feeling refreshed, renewed, and ready to face the world again.  They completely [inspire] me.  All for different reasons as they are unique, strong, faithful friends.  I do not get enough time with my friends in general (it's just that stage of life, I think!) and especially these particular women . . .  so the time I spent with them this weekend was cherished beyond words.  What a joy it was to spend time walking the city with them, talking about the mundane details of our lives, talking about the important stuff, and sometimes not talking at all.  It was good.  So good.

I am so thankful that once again my husband stepped up and got things done at home so that I could be gone.  Everybody knows it's not easy to do the job of two parents, and I am grateful for a husband who can do it, and do it with style.  He is my absolutely favorite person on earth.

--Pictures are coming . . .
Photobucket

No comments: