My Bedroom Makeover
That lamp was just $3
"Hi, my name is Faith and I am addicted to deals."
While Neil was gone this weekend, I decided to give him a Father's Day gift that he would love. (Dramatic pause) . . . a clean and decorated bedroom! We have done a little something here and there, but for the last two years or more our bedroom has had bare walls and clutter. My friend Hillary helped me brainstorm, and then my friend Meg got in on the action.
**Sidenote**Everyone my age needs a friend like Meg in their life! She is a young 'un, only 21, and she is footloose and fancy free. She has been able to hang around and help me with a lot of stuff that I am very indecisive about. She is confident in home decor, which sure comes in handy for me since I never know what I am doing around the house. She basically bossed me around, telling me to move this here, and put that there. She even had Becca and I color arranging our clothes in the closet!
Meg was able to come and help me all weekend, from rearranging our room to finding new ways to use old pieces. We went garage saling with Hillary on Saturday, and found all kinds of awesome things to decorate with. Driving around with all four of my kids was a bit crazy, but worth it! Basically I bought A LOT of things on Saturday, and my total cost was $25!! I added a few things from WalMart and tada, we have a very cool room at a great price. Hillary commented when she saw it that it went from a plain room to something that looks like "us".
I don't have a "Before" picture, but I took some photos this morning.While Neil was gone this weekend, I decided to give him a Father's Day gift that he would love. (Dramatic pause) . . . a clean and decorated bedroom! We have done a little something here and there, but for the last two years or more our bedroom has had bare walls and clutter. My friend Hillary helped me brainstorm, and then my friend Meg got in on the action.
**Sidenote**Everyone my age needs a friend like Meg in their life! She is a young 'un, only 21, and she is footloose and fancy free. She has been able to hang around and help me with a lot of stuff that I am very indecisive about. She is confident in home decor, which sure comes in handy for me since I never know what I am doing around the house. She basically bossed me around, telling me to move this here, and put that there. She even had Becca and I color arranging our clothes in the closet!
Meg was able to come and help me all weekend, from rearranging our room to finding new ways to use old pieces. We went garage saling with Hillary on Saturday, and found all kinds of awesome things to decorate with. Driving around with all four of my kids was a bit crazy, but worth it! Basically I bought A LOT of things on Saturday, and my total cost was $25!! I added a few things from WalMart and tada, we have a very cool room at a great price. Hillary commented when she saw it that it went from a plain room to something that looks like "us".
5 comments:
Yes, please send pictures...I would love to see it.
I think that that African piece does not belong in a house with all caucasian people. I do,however, think that it would make a nice housewarming gift for The Angelino's who actually have black in them! What great deals. My deals are always $100 ones. Teach me oh wise one.
Very nice pictures...you have the same quilt and shams as I have in our guest bedroom (great minds think alike and have great taste). When you move back here, I'll help you decorate your new house...Tracy you and me will have to go garage saling (sp?). I love to shop for those bargins...
I'm still waiting on my window treatments...and I've been in my house for 6 years! :-)
Jack, don't you remember? I saw your guest room and said "Where'd you get that?" and went straight to Target to buy the same thing! I love it :-)
Post a Comment