Monday, June 18, 2007

Update

We are still waiting. ________ told Neil they would let him know this week. Neil didn't get a clear sign from them one way or the other, but we are praying that God will lead us there if he wants us there, and provide something else if He doesn't. :-) They had started calling his references though so that's good, right?! Neil was able to go to one of their services on Sunday, and said it was great. Said I would love it. ;-)

Thank you for continuing to pray. A lot of nervous anticipation at our house!

I had edited the other post with an update, then realized it doesn't change the date so you all might be confused.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Calling references is a good sign - that was the last thing they did on me besides the background check...since it was for a school district they have to check out those things first before they make an offer. I'm confident that they will call and maybe have him or both of you come in...I was at the 8am service on sunday teaching, but had to leave because Isabel was needing to be fed some real food. I scanned the lobby to see if he might be there, but did not see him (he may not have gone that early). I will pray that if this is the job for you guys then it will come through. It would be so awesome to have you home and at our church. Gotta go...LY

Amber said...

Yep, that's a good sign!

During Jonathan's job search I had to tell myself that "whatever the outcome...it was meant to be". I didn't want to get ahead of myself and then feel let down if the job didn't work out, but... I also had a very hard time being patient during the waiting period.

If this is the job God has for Neil (and your family), then things WILL work out!

Thanks for the update

Faith said...

Jackie, he was at the 9:30am service. He went with his mom and said he didn't see anyone we know, but that there were a lot of people there!

Amber, I am trying to tell myself the same thing!