I am recovering from being sick. This is a rare thing for me, and I really hate being sick! Our family was sopposed to go the the beach today (or the shore, as they call it around here!), but Neil was not excited about going with me still in recovery mode, so we rescheduled for Wednesday. Yes, it will be crowded cause that is the fourth of July, but that it is okay. We are just happy to go! :-)
I tried to talk Neil into going to Ikea today instead. . . but he said that we may as well go to the beach if we are going to drive an hour anyway. (pphhtt.) I love Ikea though. They need to get one in the midwest, it is a huge store with everything you want for your home, from furniture to paper napkins. They have a fun area for the kids to play in while you shop, and yummy food, too. The best part is? Cheap, cheap, cheap!!
4 comments:
yeah, cari talks about ikea all the time. i have never been but really want to! i love bargains!
Thanks for inviting me to your blog! After being off line for three years, it's pretty exciting to see all the fun stuff you can do now. I know, I live in the dark ages. Anyway, it's been great catching up on your life (except for the fact that you'll probably be leaving PA -- good for you, sad for me).
I love your bedroom re-do. I actually cried! How pathetic, huh? I guess it was a mixture of utter happiness for you, knowing how long you've wanted to do that, and jealousy that I didn't get to help. Oh well!
I was so sorry to hear about the extent of Ava's allergies. My friend Kathy's youngest son has a life threatening peanut allergy, and she's gone through plenty of frustrations and misunderstandings with others who don't realize the effects that even the smallest amount of peanut traces can have on him. Perspectives change when it's someone else's convenience versus your child's life.
On a lighter note, have a great time at the beach, and if you decide you want to go to Ikea on any Monday before you move sooo far away (if the Lord wills), I'd love to join you.
ps I always think yard saling looks funny, too!
There is a HUGE IKEA in MN (by the Mall Of America), and we never take the time to go there when we are up visiting friends. I think we are going up there in Aug/Sept, so maybe I'll go check it out this time.
Sorry you have been sick :-( Hope you are feeling better now. Let me know how the visit to KC goes!
I am so excited to know that there is an Ikea in the midwest! Whoohoo!
And Maureen- I will insist on seeing you before/if we go, so I would love to hit Ikea with you. You are a true decorating diva.
Post a Comment