Tuesday, July 24, 2007

How long until September?

I am ready for school again. There, I said it. I know it is terrible but my sanity, it is almost gone. I am tired of kids in and out of the house, all day long. This week has already consisted of Evan and his friend Mat making a club house of our garage. Becca and her friends (our neighbors) Devin and Kyla got wind of this and wanted in on the action. Of course the boys refused so a war started. Back and forth they went. The boys put up signs (you know the ones) to let the girls know they are not welcome. And did I mention that Spencer and Brenna (another neighbor) became the guards for the boys club house? Yes, this sounds wonderful . . . them keeping busy and all that. It isn't. In and out, in and out, MOOOOM this and MOOOOM that. "Can I have a popsicle?", "Make the boys let us in the garage!", "Can I have some tape?" Yesterday afternoon I finally sent all non- Bilyeu kids home and made my three older ones play Monopoly with me. Ava wandered in and out, grabbing play money and houses and she went. Why Monopoly? It was the closest thing to an educational activity I could grab. I need my kids back in school, I need my sanity back. Of course I know that then I will long for summertime. It is just par for the course. (wink)

Grandma Connie and Papa Roy arrived today. Halleluah! Reinforcements have arrived!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

You are not alone! I only get a three hour break from Chandler (preschool), but man...am I looking forward to those three hours. I love my kids & I even have to laugh at their "creativity" sometimes, but I am exhausted at the end of every day. Plus, I feel like a bad mom if I don't entertain them all the time.

*Here is a funny for you:

Today I had a door to door salesman come by (I made the mistake of answering the door)& as he was talking to me I was trying to keep the door opened just a crack because I didn't want him to see my living room. It looked as though an atomic bomb had exploded in my living room, causing a sea of crushed up crackers, cereal, and popcorn to cover the living room carpet like New Year's confetti at Times Square.

At one point Chandler snuck by me at darted out on the front lawn, and I had to chase after him. At that point the guy was like "Well, I can come in and sit down if you'd like - so your son doesn't escape again". Then, I opened the door wider to show him my wreck of a living room and said "Um...there is not really anywhere for you to sit that's very clean...so, NO!". The look on his face was priceless! He then said something like "Oh, wow...I only have a 5 month old so I don't really know what 'that' (pointing to my carpet that resembled more of an outdoor wood mulch covering of crumbs and such)is like just yet".

I just laughed and said "It's summertime...this is what the house looks like during each summer. Don't worry, you'll get used to it". :-)

Faith said...

Your story is hilarious, it has happened at our house so many times!!