So we kind of skipped the Easter celebrations this year. I think that is against some rule in the parental handbook. Easter is a day for easter egg hunts, candy, baskets, family dinners, and oh yeah--(insert sarcasm here) the whole resurrection thing. My kids did not participate in the easter egg hunt at church. No easter baskets were waiting when they woke up on Easter morning. *Don't feel bad for those kids, they survived with barely a complaint.
In general I am not the kind of mom who does the easter egg dying thing willingly. I don't enjoy it because it never seems fun . . . just chaotic. Now those of you who know me, know that I love the art, painting, scrapbooking kind of craftiness. I am just not a fan of the obligatory holiday and seasonal kid craftiness. When I think of carving pumpkins for example, I think of chaos and mess. We have enough of that on a regular basis in our home, I am not looking for a reason to add more to it.
Does this make me a bad mom? And if so, will someone adopt my kids when the next holiday craft time comes around? I will come, too. For the photo op, to scrapbook . . . of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment