Monday, March 31, 2008

Groceries and a Game . . .

Ava just woke up from her nap. She is sitting next to me, eating an apple. Which reminds me, I went to the store last night at 10pm, and it was kind of nice actually. Not too many people at the grocery store then. I was annoyed to go, but it had to be done. I grabbed my reusable grocery bags on my way out the door. Those bags are awesome. I have about eight of them that I use every week. I love not having a kabillion plastic bags all over the house. Yes, a few are good to have for dirty diapers or whatever, but in general I don't use them. These bags hold so much more food and are easier to carry. I started just buying one everytime I went to the store until I got as much as I will use weekly. A family of six eats a lot of food. I try to be conservative with my shopping, but then I end up having to go to the store multiple times in a week. My children really do eat us out of house and home. And they don't eat a ton but yes, kids do need food. So anyway, I was shopping last night and bought a lot of food and spent a lot of money. It should last us about, four days until the kids start complaining about having nothing to eat. (sigh)

I can't post today without mentioning how excited we are that KU is going to the Final Four. We had a church meeting last night so every few minutes some guy would walk past Neil and whisper the game score to him or show him their phone. Small tokens of love, I tell you. It was hilarious. Anyway, Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

No comments: