Thursday, March 27, 2008

Life with allergies.

Things here are pretty quiet. Not too much is happening. School is back in session, the weather is finally warming up.

I took Ava to Wegman's (a grocery store about 15 minutes from our house) for the first time since she was born. We found heaven there. And by heaven I mean, lots of food that she can actually eat! I have no idea why I have never gone there before! I think I just assumed it would be really expensive for yucky tasting food that Ava wouldn't eat anyway. How wrong I was. I was able to get her veggie cheese slices, dairy free ice cream (chocolate no less), and soy yogart, among other things. She is so happy to have food to eat that is comparable to what everyone else can eat! I think I may just be able to do this "allergy thing" now. And her skin looks the best it ever has because I am not allowing her to sneak other milk based snacks due to the fact that I have no other alternative handy so she isn't getting rashes on a daily basis!

Connie (Neil's mom) is the best at this. When we were at their house, she made Ava special cookies, chocolate cake, bought her ice cream sandwiches (all dairy free) . . . she took the extra time and effort and it was such good motivation for me. I came home determined to search out some alternatives. I am so glad I did, and I love seeing Ava so happy with her snacks!

No comments: