Sunday, June 08, 2008

*JuneWedding+strapless bridesmaid+paleness=insecurity

I am too old to be caring about whether or not I have a tan. Hello! I am thirty five years old! Seriously, shouldn't I be beyond this by now?? When Meg asked me to wear a strapless dress in her wedding, I was totally fine with it. Months ago, this was just a mere speck of a thought. At first I thought I would just do a spray on tan, but that is kind of expensive and I would need a trial run before the wedding, which means even more moola for something kind of vain and silly for a one day ordeal that isn't even "about me". Then I moved on to the doing nothing stage, where I settled myself to being the pale bridesmaid. Yesterday I took the kids to the swimming pool for the first time this season. I do not own a strapless swimsuit so I settled myself to looking stupid by tucking my straps under my armpits so that I wouldn't get strap lines. The only time during the afternoon that I pulled them back up was when Spencer wanted me in the big pool with him. I didn't want to, but weighed it as the lesser of two evils. I [for sure!] don't want to be the mom who shows her ta tas to the entire community while playing in the pool with her six year old! So I endured, and when I got home guess what I found? Strap sunburn. You know what I mean, burn marks surrounding where the strap were. I just have to keep telling myself that I just don't care, I just don't care.

Vanity, Vanity, all is vanity.

No comments: