Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Surgery


My little Ava is having surgery tomorrow.  This past summer we started to notice a little red mole next to her nose (as you can see on this picture).  It has been growing, from looking like a tiny pimple, to now being much more obvious.  Lots of people told me that it was a hemangioma and said it would go away on it's own.  When I researched it, I saw that it could not be that because those things show up within the first two weeks of life, and Ava's showed up when she was 3 1/2.  It seemed so random, and we were getting concerned so I made an appointment with a dermatologist, who told us this would not go away, and in fact could get larger.  She said we would need to have it removed and recommended a plastic surgeon do it because of her age and where it is located.
So that brings us to tomorrow.  It is scheduled in the morning, so please say a prayer that everything will go smoothly for Ava (and us).

On a completely different note, Evan's birthday is tomorrow!  If everything goes smoothly with the surgery, I will try to get on here to do a birthday post for him. :)

No comments: