Doesn't she give a good pitiful face??
Being goofy now . . .
Ava had her surgery yesterday morning. We had to be there at 7am. I woke her up and put her in the car in her pj's. She kept asking for chocolate milk and I tried to distract her because she wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything. She was great when we got there and got checked in, pretty much cuddled with me until they had to take her away. Then she freaked out, they had to peel her off of me to take her into the surgery. It ranked up there pretty high in the parenting list of heartbreaking moments. It reminded me of when Ava got allergy tested and they put all the needles on her back--- worst parenting moment ever! Spencer had his tonsils out a couple years ago, but that was like a blip on the screen because he was older and able to be talked to rationally.ANyway! So I had to wait impatiently about 30 min while she was in surgery. They put her to sleep before they put in the IV, and I couldn't go back to see her until after she had woke up. When I finally got back there, she was crying and scared, and trying to get the IV out. It was so sad, I scooted her over in the bed to hold her. The nurse kept saying things like, "Just drink some water then you can go home" but each time Ava drank some water they didn't let her leave. SO finally (I was annoyed) I said, "Okay, so tell me specifically what needs to happen for her to go home." We were finally able to leave about 15 min, a cup of water, and popsicle later.
She was miserable for a few hours, and then perked up around lunchtime when Daddy surprised her with a Happy Meal. And that was it, she was back to normal and good to go. She has four stitches that need to be removed next week. That was more than I had expected, and it looks so big on her little face!
Thanks for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment