Friday, April 30, 2010

What I am reading right now . . .

On the parenting front . . . Good and Angry (Exchanging Frustration For Character . . . in you and your kids!).  I highly recommend this book, or anything by Scott Turansky for that matter!
Created For WORK.  This is a book I am reading with Evan as a part of homeschooling.  He was very reluctant at first, and he hated the cover, called this the "hippie book" . . . which just shows how young he actually is since the picture is probably from the early 90's, not the 70's!  It has brought about a lot of good discussion, and he doesn't complain about reading it at all now.  Short chapters are a bonus as well!


The Red Tent.  I read this years ago for a book club I was in, but saw this at a yard sale for 50 cents and thought I would revisit it.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm reading Say Goodbye to Whining, Complaining, and Bad Attitudes... in You and Your Kids by Scott Turansky and I bought Good and Angry to read next. I would love to hear how your family does with the suggestions in these books. I'm really hoping we can successfully incorporate these concepts into our family life; the test will be when our kids are the age yours are and older. I am sometimes so intimidated by the huge task of raising my children to be Godly people, but this is such helpful, practical advice. Can't wait to read the other book and compare notes with you!

Faith said...

I got the Goodbye... book from the library and LOVED it. Would like to own it actually. I am pretty much trying to incorporate bits and pieces from several different books right now... primarily Sheperding Your Child's Heart, The Way They Learn, and the books by Scott Turansky. Consistency is the key of course. Parenting is always challenging and I am continuously learning myself!