Thinking about all that God did for us in 2010. I wanted to try and summarize it, but truly there is too much! If you have followed my blog all year, you have certainly seen glimpses of all our changes throughout the year both in our personal life, ministry, and jobs too. I had some heartbreaking losses in 2010, and I am thankful to say that I ended the year with some strong friendships that helped me to endure. It was not always easy (some of it, in fact, very challenging), but God has provided and has walked with us through every storm. For that I am so very grateful and humbled. On to the new year!
Our church offered me a part time position on the Biblical Counseling staff, starting Jan 1st. I have been volunteering doing some lay counseling, and also have been working towards certification in Biblical Counseling through NANC. We had been praying that God would open a door for me to help our family income without having to work evenings/weekends, which often conflicts with youth ministry events. This was such a gift and I am so thankful for the opportunity.
I look with expectation to this next year. I have goals and dreams. Like a dream I have of visiting Pennsylvania again, I miss my PA people. ♥ I also think I would like to get on over to Lee's Summit, MO and meet up with some old friends there sometime this year.
Goals for myself involve things like . . . .
Learning how to sew. Like, realllly sew. Actual stuff.
Scrapbooking, painting, and crafting regularly.
Reading at least 2 new books each month.
Journaling regularly.
Reading through the Bible in a year with my hubby.
Giving more.
Feeding the hungry.
Helping those in trouble.
Oh, and drinking more water.
Verses that are floating in my head as I think about the next year:
2 Cor. 9:11-12 Yes, God will give you much so that you can give away much, and when we take your gifts to those who need them they will break out into thanksgiving and praise to God for your help. So two good things happen as a result of your gifts--those in need are helped, and they overflow with thanks to God.
Isa. 58:10-11 "Feed the hungry! Help those in trouble! Then your light will shine out from the darkness, and the darkness around you shall be as bright as day. And the Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy you with all good things, and keep you healthy too; and you will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.
[Good stuff right??- from the Living Bible]
Oh, and on a totally different note . . . My nephew just turned one. My oh my does time fly by. I remember so clearly the day he was born.
I will leave you with a look at his sweet face. Don't you just want to squeeze those gorgeous cheeks??

1 comment:
a crafty and selfless year:)
love ya!
Post a Comment