We used to go on these trips when I was in high school. With Lightshine, a music group that was a part of our church youth group. Many of my best high school memories happened on these trips. There were always cute boys on the trips. One was a cute boy named Neil. He floated in and out of our youth group. He was "that guy". I admired him, mostly from afar. I heard he wanted to be a youth pastor when he grew up. I really liked the idea of marrying a youth pastor.
We went on this trip to Chicago. He was there, too. I liked him. A lot. I was pretty sure he liked me too. Until I got back home and was introduced to his very pretty girlfriend. Awkward.
He did eventually smarten up and ask me out. On my 17th birthday.
We had two years of dating, filled with good times and a good amount of drama. Because let's face it, what teenage relationship doesn't have some drama? We will save those stories for another time. Oh, and as you can see, we had our pictures taken together in matching Nautica shirts at JC Penney's ... shudder. Yes, my hairstyle is hilarious... I know.
Then we got ourselves engaged. Again, that's another story for another time.
So first came love . . .
then came marriage . . .
{It was lovely, by the way}
then came the baby in the baby carriage . . .
Okay, four babies. That followed four very miserable pregnancies.
BUT we got this big, beautiful family out of the deal!
Our kids keep growing (even against our will at times), life goes on, and all of a sudden 17 years have passed since that very cold day in January when we got married. Two kids who didn't have a clue where they were going but they knew wherever it was they were going, they wanted to go together.
Happy Anniversary to my best friend, the love of my life, my husband.
You have given me a million memories, stories, and laughs.
The best is yet to come.
xoxo








No comments:
Post a Comment