Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh. Deer.


This has been quite the week.  It started off with a crash.  I hit a deer on the way home from youth group Sunday night.  There was actually a group of them, running across the highway when they connected with our van.  Literally.  It was a very scary moment.  One moment that happened so fast, yet was almost as if in slow motion.  The van went spinning, and ended up facing oncoming traffic on highway 7.  So thankful there was no oncoming traffic at that time.  So thankful that everyone in our van was safe.  I was driving and had Ava, Spencer, and Dona (Becca's friend who is like a part of our family) in the van.  When we came to a complete stop there was complete and utter silence in the van.  Dona and I made sure the kids were okay, and we started thanking God that we were all safe.  {High Five, Jesus!} From the back of the van we hear Ava's voice.  "That was fun!" she said.  "Um, no Ava, it wasn't." was Spencer's response.  It is all about [perspective] sometimes, isn't it.

Wednesday I may or may not have followed that up with my first speeding ticket since college.

Oh, and yesterday we heard that our van is indeed totaled.  So this weekend on our anniversary getaway, Neil and I get to go car shopping.  Which, as annoying as it is, in the grand scheme of things, is not a big deal.  I am grateful that everyone was safe, which matters more to me than any vehicle.

Happy weekend, friends!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Allyson Palinkas said...

Oh my Faith! I'm so glad that you all are safe and sound. Enjoy car shopping though. ;)